At Open, we aim at building the best business banking platform for SMEs by blending best-in-class technology, optimized process and elegant design. We are changing how businesses bank & manage their finances and aim to be the leader in fin-tech industry.
We’re home to some of the smartest & brightest 150+ minds in the fintech space. We’re a Series B funded startup backed by leading international funds like Tiger Global, Speed invest, Beenext, AngelList, Recruit, Tanglin Venture Partners, 3one4 Capital, Unicorn India Ventures to name a few.
We’re a tight-knit tribe of creators and makers who are shaking up the way business banking rolls for over 350,000 businesses.
We are solving complex technical problems in the financial industry and need talented software engineers to join our mission and be a part of a global software development team. A brilliant opportunity to become a part of highly motivated and expert team which has made a mark as a high-end technical consulting.
We are looking forward to a superb engineer to join our team to build a user loving Backend from scratch!
What you'll be doing:
- Write “clean”, well designed code.
- Produce detailed specifications and documentation.
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Follow industry best practices.
- Ability to adapt to new technologies
- Develop and deploy new features to facilitate related procedures and tools if necessary.
What you'll bring along:
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Good knowledge of relational databases, version control tools and of developing web services
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, Ebay etc)
- Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- A strong understanding of database driven web applications
- A strong background in Object Oriented Programming
- Familiarity with MVC (Model-View-Controller) design
- Familiarity with PHP frameworks including Codeigniter and Laravel
- Excellent communication & Positive working attitude
- A fin-tech background is a plus
- Strong understanding of Queue/Worker concepts
- Hands on experience on caching technologies
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in an agile environment with lean processes (fast and small iterations).
- Initiate the development of new processes and solutions.
- We will give you the opportunity to realize your ideas and shape your own way of working.
- Strong technologies and the latest stable versions
- A product that makes our customers’ life easier
- A constant supply of Tea, coffee, water and snacks to keep you healthy